The best advertisement for the traditional cuisine and Cretan hospitality
Kastro Restaurant, in Panormo, Crete, serves special dishes from Greek and traditional Cretan cuisine. Fresh and carefully selected meat, cheese, fish and local agricultural products (fruits, vegetables) prepared with authentic traditional recipes and creative imagination along with impeccable service make up the triple success of our restaurant and justify its popularity to locals and visitors.
You can also enjoy your meals in your apartment (if you wish so) or the idyllic environment of a quaint yard, where stone and wood are the main features of its decoration along with Cretan furniture and utensils, trees, colorful flowers and decorative plants, like the blossoming bougainvillea and the sweet-smelling jasmine. Choose the full board packet and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at the best price.
- mutton sauté
- coq au vin (rooster in wine) with Cretan spaghetti
- briam (oven-baked vegetables with fresh herbs)
- steamed snails with herbs
- lamb stew with lemon and egg sauce
- home-made burger
- Cretan apaki (smoked pork), accompanied with our restaurant’s rose wine
- bottled Cretan and Greek wines from our well informed wine cellar
- Thyme honey traditional cheese pies (kalitsounia)
- Molasses Cretan cheese pie (sfakiani pita)
- Fresh season fruit with yogurt, honey and walnut, “Cretan surprise”
- Definitely cold raki or cinnamon raki (by Manolis)
Our visitors praise our restaurant in the internet, as they have savored the best homemade food they have had on Crete, as they keep writing. We invite you to taste it, since food on Crete is a pleasure that brings people together.